Thursday, October 1, 2009

Guy on Bike . . .

I have had a crazy week (two weeks, technically) of working and running around and trying to be a good husband and father all at the same time. I've worked for 12 straight days and I'm just exhausted.

I was thinking, as I drove to pick up Ava this afternoon, that I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time (and by that I mean I haven't prioritized it well enough) to exercise in two weeks. That's not acceptable, right?! RIGHT!

I was driving and thinking and then I saw a guy riding on his bicycle. He pulled up next to me at a red light. He was smiling from ear to ear. iPod in. Sweatshirt and spandex pants (what are you gonna' do, really) and and running shoes on. Happy. Little bit of sweat going on (you could tell it was still early in his ride but far enough in that he was already getting that buzz).

Anywho - it was great to see a guy SO happy to be out exercising and just enjoying the all air. It was motivation for me to get back on my own routine and to keep working at my weight and fitness level. I'll start, uh, tomorrow!

No comments: