Monday, May 11, 2009

Award Winner . . .

I did something that would have been all but unthinkable after college and before my gastric bypass surgery.  

I won an award.

For going above and beyond the call of duty and for being a positive force within an organization.

Yes.  It is true.  Someone out there actually thought I was deserving of positive recognition.  In the form of an award.  Literally.  I have a plaque thingy to show for it.

I didn't have the heart to tell them how utterly undeserving I felt and how awkward it was to be recognized for doing what I am on the board of a non-profit to do . . . help.  

There is no "new" Sean? Oh contrare, mon frere.  I have the plaque to prove it. 

Thanks, those silly enough to award me (and my ego) with something like this!  

2 comments:

TJK said...

I always wanted to give you a best roommate mug in college.

Sean C. Amore said...

But, if I remember correctly, every mug you had was full of Jack Daniels and Mint Tea Snapple.