Thursday, April 23, 2009

Movie . . .

If I disappear this weekend, send the search party to The Warren and have them look for me in the theater showing this. SOOOOOOO excited!

Robert Downey, Jr. (and I am NOT a band wagon jumper here) is probably my favorite actor of all time. He can do funny, serious, sad, upbeat, musical and mayhem. He can do 80s, 90s and now. Artistic film. Blockbuster. And he's done it all despite (and while) being a complete disaster over the course of his life.

He's got stuff together now. Onward and upward, etc.

And that is something I can root for. Something I DO root for. Something I live and breathe and eat and drink and sleep.

The fact that this movie allows Downey to be the guy helping guide someone out of and along the abyss is just too good for me to miss.

PS - Download the score. Beautiful music. I. Can. Not. Wait.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Have you heard the story of who this is based off of? Nathaniel Ayers...pretty amazing story