Sunday, February 22, 2009

Home Improvement Projects . . .

So, we (and by "we" - I mean Joy and her sister, Stephanie, and their parents) have been kicking around this novel idea for about a month or two. The idea is pretty simple (and wonderful) - every Sunday afternoon we will take turns going to each other's homes and doing basic home improvement projects.

I am, for the record, the least handy person in the entire world (except my father (I love you, Dad)) and even I can now hold my own, because of the guidance, patience and teachings of my wife and my in-laws.

Today was our first project day and our house got the first treatment . . . we put a chair rail (which is "I-care-about-my-home-and-know-the-fancy-terminology-for-home-repair-accordingly"-ese for a piece of wood nailed to the middle of a wall) in Ava's playroom.

It only took about an hour (not including our lunch break) and I think it looks great.

It was nice to help Joy get something else knocked off her aggressive, impressive and ambitious "to do around the house" list and it was nice to do a project with Mom and Dad Terry again (it has been almost a year not including the time Dad Terry helped me get my Connecticut license plates off Morpheus).

2 comments:

This Show said...

I will believe it when I see it. :) I'm proud of you.

Sean C. Amore said...

Come on out, kid. There are lots of things about Kansas you have to see to believe (smile)!