Friday, January 9, 2009

Was Only a Matter of Time . . .

This should not be shocking to anyone but, to me, it is sobering and sad.

According to our federal government, the OBESE outnumber the overweight . . . and 34% of us here in the U.S.A are obese and nearly 33% are overweight. Combined - 2/3 of ALL of us are overweight.
It is important to note that these results are BMI based (enter argument here about how BMI is not always the best indication of true obesity) BUT the facts still stand for themselves . . . and they are "heavy" - pun intended.

By the way - frustrating and illuminatingly enough - I am, 250 pounds down, STILL considered one of the obese (I'm no longer a "Super" or a "Morbid" classification though, thankfully).

The other stat in the release that scared me was the youth obesity stat. 16% are obese. 11% are "extremely" obese (I guess we don't call our kids morbid).
Here's to all of the "lose weight in 2009" resolutions sticking and working.

My, my, my!

No comments: