Thursday, January 1, 2009

There's No Place Like Home . . .

We Kansans (yes, just shy of 16 months in to my residence I am hereby distancing myself from my roots and initial resistance and "we" speaking about me and my fellow Sunflower staters) typically resent all the Wizard of Oz jokes that we are bombarded with when we travel beyond the safe borders of our cozy little state but - today - there is no harm or foul in being reminded and appreciative of the fact that there is NO place like home.



We had an interesting end to our trip and we were exhausted by the time we got "wheels up" over Syracuse (as witnessed by Ava, above, skipping the sights of 34,000 feet in favor of a little Finding-Nemo-on-the-iPod and nap time).

I have a lot of blogging to do (my 2008 year in review, my 2009 goals, some more ups and downs of the trip, another one for the "strangest dream ever competition", etc.) but - for the next 24 hours or so . . . we're just recharging the ol' batteries and chillin' in warm, sunny and wonderful 6-7-2-1-8).

In the meantime - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: