Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Life in Haiku . . .

I'm having some stressful times here in the world of work. To ease and entertain me (or to push me over the edge (smile)) my boss asked a bunch of my co-workers ("creative types" that they are) to salute (or otherwise crucify) me in haiku form.

I can't write 'em and I barely understand 'em but I'm certainly honored to be the subject of them. Submitted for your approval . . . feel free to submit your own!

Sound cacophony.
Treble. Bass. Balls bounce above.
From Northeast intrude.

Proud daddy. Cute girl.
Hardware store meltdown. Glass breaks.
Think abandonment.

Proud northeastern roots.
“No, no, no, no, no. Trust me.”
Making presence known.

The Rubber band ball.
Clay turtles and plastic toys.
So much stupid stuff.

He never matches
What’s up with his old-man socks?
Sean: Fashionista.

The North kicked him out.
But we don’t want him either.
Move to Canada.

Tries to be a Bamf
Spends all his time on Perez
Grasping for his youth.

Oh, the sweater vest.
Argyle socks and orange pants.
Bringin’ sexy back.

Inappropriate.
Gloats about his vast 'stable'
Joy waits with a knife.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Am I allowed to be offended on your behalf :-)? Your Mom is going to read this and cry. I don't wait with a knife Mom & Dad A., I promise.