Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Pictures . . .

We had an amazing Christmas with my family.

Ava and Joyell helped make Christmas Eve dinner . . .

There was plenty of food but - being an Amore gathering - there was lots of wine and beer to be had too (for everyone but Ava and I, of course) . . .


In a twist on old tradition, instead of each of us getting to open one gift on Christmas Eve -Ava got to open one of each of our gifts on Christmas Eve . . .


Ava and I went to church with Gamma and Gampa Amo on Christmas Morning (I'm happy to report that the church was not struck by lightining when I entered) . . .


Ava seemed to be the best gift that Joy and I brought home with us. A real crowd pleaser!

My mother is an avid quilter. She makes quilted stuff for all the women in her extended family and circle of friends. Joyell, despite having a decade of "service" in the family FINALLY got her first quilted gift on Christmas morning . . .
Today is Joyell's birthday so she and Patrick packed up their stuff and Nikko and headed to spend the rest of her birthday, and a belated Christmas, with her family. I was very sad to see them go!


We are here in hilly, snowy, wonderful Upstate until Thursday (New Year's Day). More to come!

No comments: