Friday, November 7, 2008

I'll Be Home for Christmas . . .

I got the most exciting e-mail from Joy a few minutes ago!

It seems that she and my parents have been conspiring against (for?) me in the last few hours to give me the greatest Christmas present I've ever recieved (including a radio that was shaped like a cheeseburger when I was eight and a Strawberry Shortcake figurine collection when I was nine) . . . we are going home for Christmas!

That's right - Joy, Ava and I are going to board a plane on Christmas Eve and we'll be in Upstate, New York through New Year's Day!

Even more exciting . . . my brothers are going to be there for Christmas too! We have not all been together since we spent a few hours at Patrick and Joyell's home in August, 2007!

I am soooooo excited to be going to see my family and hopefully some high school friends who still live in the area.

Make no mistake - I love living in Kansas and being close to my wife's family but - as another famous Kansan once pointed out . . . "There is no place like home!" Especially for the holidays!

More to come as the big trips gets closer but, for now, I'm just very, very excited to get home and to see my family and some old friends!

No comments: