Friday, October 17, 2008

Stress = Sweet? . . .

I just read an article (can't link to it here, it is one of those annoying "membership required" things) that Hershey is reporting a 98% boost in 3rd quarter profits over 2nd quarter.

The article didn't say as much but it got me thinking . . . how many people are drinking, smoking and eating more as the economy does it's one-step-forward-two-steps-back dance and the election looms and so on. I'm glad I can't turn to food like I once did and that I stopped really drinking eight years ago and that I've never had a penchant for tobacco products.

All that is left is greying hair, fretting and stewing, going for walks, coloring and playing with Ava, spending snippets of time with my very busy wife and watching terrible, terrible television.

No comments: