Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One Of My Favorite Quotes . . .

I had a client meeting today and thumbing through the DISASTER that is my desk hoping to find lost notes from my last meeting with the same client and, while I did NOT find what I was looking for - I did stumble across a folder of random "stuff" from my previous two jobs that I still carry around with me (don't ask).

Anywho - I stumbled upon one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite people of all time . . . the GREAT Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

"It isn't sufficient to just want. You have got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want."

That's all. No insight. No "deep" analysis. No reflection on what it means to me today vs. what it meant to me "then" and absolutely NO statements on politics, The Great Depression or how much I miss a liberal administration.

1 comment:

Cuse44 said...

Great quote.

I went for a run last night. I quit and only completed 80% of what I originally planned to do. I was "tired" and told myself it made more sense to rest than push my body to finish what I wanted to do.

The next time I find myself in a similar situation, I will think of this quote.

thanks Sean!