Friday, June 20, 2008

The Griller is Thriller . . .

We had a barbecue tonight! My friend Tricia (the only other Grotonian living in Wichita (that I am aware of)) and her son, Sebastian, came over for dinner and we had a great time just chatting.

Ava and Sebastian drove Ava's pink Cadillac Escalade around the driveway for a while and then stripped down naked to do some swimming and a good time was had by all, I think.

The BEST part of the post-gastric bypass life is that you are encouraged to eat protein, protein, protein and that is what grilling is all about. Shrimp, steak, chicken, pork, turkey-burgers. I grill them all. Yuhhhhmay!

Anywho - Joy bought me some new grilling gear for Father's Day and she took my picture in my apron and matching hot-glove and I felt compeled to share that picture with the masses.

If you are in the Wichita area and you are hungry, swing on by. We're hoping to grill as much as possible this summer and we'd love to feed you something hot, spicy and full of protein.

2 comments:

This Show said...

You're such a dad! How cute.

Tricia said...

I have total intentions of sending you the pictures from that night. Unfortunately/fortunately, I took no naked pictures of our two children frolicking on the deck. We enjoyed ourselves 150%. Thank you so so much for an awesome evening. Sebastian is still talking about Aba...(He can't say the V sound.) And...I still have your rubbermaid...I'm smelling a repeat performance sooner rather than later.