Sunday, June 8, 2008

Celebrating in Style . . .

Joy and I went away for our third wedding anniversary on Saturday. We dropped Bidders off at Gamma and Gampas and headed off to Council Grove, Kansas where we spent the night in one of the honeymoon suites at the Cottage House Hotel and Motel.

We had an absolutely amazing time, frankly. We talked the entire drive up about some short and long term goals and ambitions and we just really enjoyed getting away - just the two of us - for the first time in a long time.

We had dinner at the Hays House Restaurant where we were treated to a free dessert on the house (Joy ate part of it - I had none, for obvious reasons) because the Cottage House staff had told them we were celebrating our anniversary when they made our reservation for us (nice people there at the Cottage House). Anywho - Joy had "smoothered chicken" for dinner and I had steamed shrimp. Sooooooo good.

Anywho - in addition to taking a nice, long, leisurely stroll around the town of Council Grove (we probably walked about two total miles - a nice primer for my walk-a-thon this coming Saturday (please click on the link and even donate $1 - it is a wonderful cause!)) we also enjoyed the big, huge, jacuzzi (sp?) style bathtub. I won't get in to details here - BOTH sets of my parents (and my NIECE) read the blog (I'm KIDDING, you should hope) and the super-luxurious robes that hung in the bathroom.

I mention the bathrobes because I had another of those "ah-hah" moments yesterday evening. Having NEVER been able to fit in to a hotel batrhobe in my adult life, I poo-pooed Joy's suggestion that I put on a robe and relax. I fought her and fought her and then tried and POOF - it was wayyyyyy bigger than what I needed it to be.

All in all - a wonderful evening away with my beautiful bride and an exciting way to spend a lot of time doing a whole lotta' nuttin' in a small, historic Kansas town.

No comments: