Monday, April 21, 2008

Fit Nation Covers Gastric Bypass . . .

CNN.com has been running a series for a while now on America's obesity epidemic and the efforts people are undertaking to lose weight and get more fit (I posted some KILLER in-office excercise tips not that long ago from the series).

I've been wondering how long it would take for them to acknowledge gastric bypass surgery in the series and how they would handle it. My "dream" finally came true this morning. The series profiled a woman named Brandee Howell who has lost almost 240 pounds since her surgery and seems to have been the ideal candidate for the surgery (co-morbidities, etc.) and seems to be the ideal success story (great attitude, has lost the weight, seems appreciative for the new lease on life, etc.). Thanks, Dr. Gupta and congrats, Brandee!


1 comment:

Brandee said...

Hello there! I happened to Google my name looking for the video link on CNN and found your blog post. I am Brandee. Thank you for your post! If you want to chat, feel free to contact me at mind like mine at gmail dot com

I just returned from the hospital today after my plastic surgery to remove the excess skin gastric bypass surgery left behind. I feel like a million bucks!!

I wish you well on your journey!!

Brandee