Friday, April 18, 2008

Crisis Averted . . .

As I mentioned the other day, I've not been feeling that "shrinking" feeling lately. After putting it off and putting it off, I finally got to the gym last night and weighed myself . . .

The good news is that I'm still losing weight. The better news is that I now weigh 258. The even better news is that, while it took me four weeks longer than I had hoped it would . . . I have lost my 225 pounds since surgery. The best news is that I'm no longer in the high-200s (I was on the cusp at my last weigh in at 267) AND while I'll still be in the mid-200s for a while, I'm only 8 pounds away from being in the lower HALF of the 200s.

I also went to JCPenney last night to get some new pants (yep, the ones I bought six weeks ago are too big again) and I am a 44-inch waist. I have not been that small in a very, very long time and I am very proud to tell you that I bought my pants from the regular part of the store (versus the "Big and Tall Men's Shop Inside JCPenney") for the first time since I was a freshman in high school (they only carried up to a 40 in the regular men's department at that time).

Now that I wear an XL shirt and 44 inch pants . . . I am no longer considered big or tall by MOST clothing manufacturers.

Today marks the start of a whole new era accordingly. That's right. I'm Sean Amore - regular guy! And I'm damned excited to tell you that!

No comments: