Monday, March 31, 2008

Guest Chef/Blogger - Jen's Favorite Foods . . .

I'm getting some recipe and food ideas back from folks. Here are three from Jen who's enjoying life after surgery (I'm waiting for her approval to share three highlights (they are pretty funny and very exciting, no doubt). Enjoy these foods and please feel free to share in the "comments" section below or e-mail me your food ideas too (seancamore@hotmail.com) . . .

Kraft makes string cheese that is half mozzarella and half cheddar that is 60 calories with 6 (6!) grams of protein per stick.

You can puree white beans for protein and add some to flavored hummus (I like roasted red pepper hummus) to make a healthy snack.

While chicken salad has too many chunks for me, I buy deli chicken, have it shaved and chop it fine and turn that into chicken salad and it sits much better in my pouch.

And . . . drum roll please . . . my FAVORITE snack is one Reduced Fat Triscuit with a small piece of tomato and eggplant (from a trader joes "marinated vegetables" jar) with a small piece of Laughing Cow garlic cheese on it. Toasted. Heavenly. Makes me drool just thinking about it. Granted, I can eat just one, but it is healthy and quite tasty!

Thanks, Jen. Sounds yuhmay!

No comments: