Monday, March 17, 2008

Doctor . . .

I just got back from the doctor.

My allergies are KILLING me here in the Wichi-Wichi and I've been having some issues with my C-PAP and some other medical "stuff" going on.

I realized, as I sat across the desk from my doctor, that it is the first time I've EVER gone to the doctor PROACTIVELY. It is the first time in many years that I've gone to see a doctor to look at or to discuss something OTHER than my weight (or the impact my weight has on me and my body).

I am going to get my sleep apnea re-accessed and I'll likely get a new, less powerful C-PAP. I am HOPING that I can get rid of it completely but I have ALWAYS snored so I don't know if I'll be that lucky. I was given a medication for my allergies. I was given a few referrals for the other stuff I was concerned with AND I got some other very encouraging news that I'll save for another post - let's just say that I will not hit my self-set goal of losing 225 pounds in one year BUT I will come very, very close.

What a year it has been. What hope I have for the year ahead!

No comments: