Sunday, January 27, 2008

Calling All Readers . . .

As I approach the one year mark since my surgery and as I pass the 200 pounds lost since my surgery (2 pounds to go - STILL) and with 107 posts to my crappy little blog behind me, I had an interesting call with my mother last night that got me wondering . . . exactly who reads this thing?

I don't get any reader figures or any real insight in to who looks at the blog from time to time (save for the few comments left by a few of you over the last six months on the blog and a handful of e-mails and phone calls here and there where the blog is mentioned and the people that run the site once told me there were like 100ish link throughs from the hospital website in a month) but I wanted to know who else is looking.

People I know? People I don't know? People I sort of know like Neil Blumenthal, the child hood friend of Brad Bush, a second cousin (third? - I can never tell the rules of cousinal removification) on my mother's side?

So my request is this . . . let me know if you read my blog, please? Post a comment here (you do have to sign up for a stupid google account but you can use any existing e-mail address and it only takes two minutes and you don't get any spam or other annoying e-mails for signing up and once you sign up you can post comments forever without any more hassle) or just drop me an e-mail directly at seancamore@hotmail.com.

Just let me know who you are, what you think of the blog, my musings and how annoying I really am at this point in my life. You can just give me your thoughts or rate me on a scale of 1 to 100 . . . 1 being the Dalai Lama and 100 being Richard Gere talking about the Dalai Lama (or pick any other frame of reference you might be more comfortable with that provides you a sliding scale of annoying).

I have a reason for asking for this information - I'm planning a big blog celebration for my 1st Post Surgery "Birthday" and I am also working on a much more creative project (I hope the rest of the world will see it as creative at least) that I will need people to help me with.

I look forward to hearing from you (all five to seven of you (grimace)).

10 comments:

John Deary said...

Sean,

I read your blog daily.

John
Oakville, CT

Sean C. Amore said...

Good to have you reading, John. Thanks for checking in! Hope things are good in Oakville!

Doug said...

I only discovered it recently (as you know) but you are bookmarked, and I am now a daily reader.

XOXO
John Ashcroft
P.S. Let the eagle soar

Sean C. Amore said...

Ah, Secretary Ashcroft - so nice to hear from you again after all these years. Hope you are truly well!

Giuli said...

Hey Sean,

I check in once a week and read back thru all your posts!

-Giuli

darryl ohrt said...

Hey Sean -

Everyone in our office reads you regularly. Keep up the great blogging.

Joy said...

I'm a religious reader of this blog as I'm more than a little obsessed with the author. He's so dreamy!

Sean C. Amore said...

Thanks for the continued support, Giuli, Darryl and all the fine folks at Plaid. Mucho appreciado!

Sean C. Amore said...

Hey, Joy. Your obsession has my attention. Maybe we could get together some time if you are ever in the Wichi-Wichi! I love you, Pop Tart!

bettina said...

Joy and Sean.....get a room for heaven's sake!!!!!