Thursday, December 20, 2007

Finally Watched the Biggest Loser Finale . . .

I finally sat down and watched the season finale of the Biggest Loser last night. In a word . . . WOW.

First off, my man Jez looked great. He lost 150 pounds and gained a ton of self confidence. I STILL think he could have/should have/would have won the entire season if not for bad politics on the part of Neil much earlier in the season but - such is life. He still won by losing in the long run.

A few other people I simply could not believe - JULIE. Holy crap! She lost so much weight, she looks SHORTER to me. Her transformation blew me away in terms of how much better she seemed to feel about herself . . . not so much just because of weight loss but because of what she found in the meantime. Unbelievable what 100 days away from your family can do for your perspective on this life (I did about 60 days this fall and I, like Julie, just hope that my child someday understands why I was away as long as I was). Jerry, too. For a guy his age - he really showed alllll the yungins how it is done - and took his shirt off at the final weigh in to show the guns and the abs. None too shabby.

In general, the episode was just like any other episode for me - a mix of tears and laughs and an appreciation for what I used to weigh - what I weigh now - and how much (little?) I hope to some day way. I was incredibly excited for all 18 contestants on the show - all of whom looked great and felt great about themselves. The teary homecomings and the insight to them still working out and busting their butts was great too - as I continue to struggle to get my butt to the gym on a regular basis.

One twist . . . I found myself looking at all the guys going "Will I look like that when I get down to that weight" or "Dear Jesus, Please don't let me lose all this weight and get those bat-wing bags of loose skin under my arms because I didn't build enough arm muscle while losing weight. Oh, and thanks for the great life otherwise. Love, Sean."

The BEST news of last night's finale (Bill won, by the way - didn't care much about Bill - I'm glad he did well and I admire his relationship with his brother but, I never really got invested in Bill) is that this stupid writer's strike has forced NBC to move up the next season of The Biggest Loser - it starts in just TWO weeks SO . . . I will have another whole season of contestants to root for and to motivate me to work harder and I won't have to wait a year or more for that motivation.

Did you watch the finale? What did you think?


No comments: