Friday, November 30, 2007

The 20 Worst Foods in America . . .

Men's Health magazine has an article in this month's issue that looks at the 20 Worst Foods in America. While I'm not sure that it is a "definitive" list it was very interesting. Here are some of my personal "ah-HAH" moments . . .

There are SALADS out there with 1,500 calories in them!

There are TURKEY BURGERS with 1,400 calories and over 70 grams of fat in them!



And the clinker . . .

The Chili's Awesome Blossom (a la the Bloomin' Onion at Outback) has 2,700 calories (that is more than three days worth of calories for me) 203 grams of fat (that is almost seven days worth of fat) and more than 20 days worth of sodium!

And I used to eat an entire Awesome Blossom by myself back in the day.

Father, forgive me!

1 comment:

darryl ohrt said...

Awesome. Thanks so much for this link - perfectly timed for all of the holiday get-togethers coming up.