Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pants - My Life Seems to be About Pants . . .

My khaki obsession resumed today when I tried on two pairs of pants in two different sizes at the JCPenney in the Danbury Fair Mall.

Now I know, I know . . . STOP talking about your stupid pants, Sean. And I will try. I promise.

There is a point to this open love letter to the cotton twill pant - reread that first sentence. I was shopping for khakis IN a store IN the mall. Not CasualMaleXL. Not Rochester Big and Tall. Not Westport Big and Tall. Not even Men's Wearhouse. I was shopping for pants - and had options - in yet another store that - until very recently - only my skinnier counterparts could frequent for all their khaki needs.

There is good news and better news. First - it was great. They had brown, navy, olive, black and grey pants to choose from . . . they had two different inseams to choose from . . . they had pants made by four different companies to choose from . . . I HAD CHOICES in khakis. Second - I am another two inches smaller in the pants than I was just a month ago. I've lost 18 inches off my waist. 18. That is a foot-and-a-half to you and me. Ava's waist is not even 18 inches around to begin with. I've lost my daughter's waist from my waist . . . and then some.

Anywho - I didn't buy the khakis when it was all said and done. I couldn't find the right inseam/waist ratio and if you factor in the price of the pants and the price of the alteration - they were more expensive than the pants I could get at CasualMaleXL that come to my exact specifications.

What a great thrill though. Another store to shop in. Another 2" off my waist. Another of life's little moments after surgery that remind me how wonderful life after surgery really is.

2 comments:

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean C. Amore said...

I used to go between Casual Male, King Size and Rochester. Interestingly (and sadly) enough there were many years when I was too big for Rochester.

I spent LOTS of time (and money) in Rochester B&T in Manhattan between my surgery and moving to Kansas.

LOVED that store.

Glad you found the pants that work for you, Ryan!