Thursday, September 27, 2007

BIG Day . . .

It's odd that I KNOW how much weight I've lost. I KNOW that I am smaller than I was and I KNOW that I'm doing very well with my post surgery diet and excercise mandates (er "guidelines"). That being said - some days I still feel HUGE. Heavier than I ever was type huge . . .

Today is one of those days. I honestly feel like I have ALL my weight back on me and my clothes are too tight (in reality, they are falling off me like they do every day) and I feel like I am going to get winded walking up the stairs of my office building (I do not) and I look for reasons to not walk to the cafeteria with office mates so I won't get tired (which I won't), etc.

I wonder if that sensation will ever go away?! Will I ever just feel comfortable in my body and with my weight? I know I have a long way to go to hit my target weight and my post-surgery goals so I guess the adjustment of my mentality will take a while too but, for now, it is odd to me that some days I just feel like the "old" me.

No comments: